ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
The Eco Zone Super ActivO Ozone Generator
An ozone generator works by generating ozone which is disbursed throughout the property. The ozone can replace the odour and dissipate it into the atmosphere while replacing the gas with oxygen.
This is not a unit which can be run constantly, instead it is designed to give areas a high dosage of ozone in a small amount of time 24-48 hours. An advantage of using this machine is that is has an ozone dissipation cycle which removes most of the ozone in the area before your re-enter the property.
This is one of the larger and high capacity ozone generators available on the market and can be scaled to be used in a small room or into a large commercial property. If you have several rooms throughout the property, we recommend hiring some fans to help disburse the ozone throughout, or you could risk a non-effective treatment.
You should be aware that ozone generators are not effective at removing the cause of the odour. For example, let’s say you had active mould growth in your property which is making you sick. The ozone generator will not remove or kill the mould. It will simply treat the air around it. You must remove the source contamination first, or there is no point in using the machine. Please call us if you are unsure about this.
While it is running, you should not enter the property since ozone is a poisonous gas.
Additionally, ozone will degrade natural rubber and plants and should be removed from the area. The greater rubber content, the higher susceptibility to degradation. Examples of rubber containing items include keyboards, floor squeegees, latex gloves and rubber carpet underlay. If you are in doubt, the item should be removed from the space.
Ozone generators cannot remove airborne particles. For instance, it cannot remove mould spores and bacteria from the air. We recommend hiring an air scrubber with HEPA filtration, such as this one in conjunction with the unit for best results.
There is a manual provided with the unit which you must read as there are stringent safety requirements that must be followed. You will be able to select the size of the room and how long you would like to run the system for.
- Manual must be read and understood
- No person, animal should enter the room at all while the ozone machine is in use
- No plants or rubber containing items should be present in the property
- No liquid should come in contact with the unit
- Unplug unit while not in use
- Signs must be installed throughout the property indicating that ozone is in use and that nobody should enter (supplied)
- Nobody should enter the room while the ozone is running. Ozone is a poisonous gas, which should not be inhaled in large quantities.
- Do not block the ventilation inlet and outlet
- Do not disconnect the cable cord from the mains socket before the complete operation of the system is complete