Pickup is available in Murarrie, Brisbane
- Non-destructive in operation
- No need to probe, drill or mechanically damage the surface
- Clear easy-to-read analogue dial
- Instant and precise readings to a depth of approximately 20mm (3⁄4″) into the slab
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for continual development and integration of apps and reporting
- Reproducible and reliable results.
- CM Carbide Method moisture content equivalent readings
- Rugged ergonomically designed enclosure
The Concrete Moisture Encounter detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture present in the material. The Concrete Moisture Encounter determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear analog dial.
To carry out tests simply brush any dust from a smooth area of concrete and also from the electrodes, switch on the Concrete Moisture Encounter and place it firmly onto the surface, fully compressing the spring-loaded, signal-enhancing contacts on the base. Read the moisture content from the clear analogue dial. The Concrete Moisture Encounter is calibrated to give percentage moisture content readings on clean, bare dust free concrete floor slabs, with a depth of penetration of approx. 20 mm (¾”). Readings taken on concrete slabs through paint, coatings, adhesives or other materials on the surface should be regarded as qualitative or comparative and not quantitative.