THE COMPLETE CONCRETE MOISTURE TEST KIT
WITH BLUETOOTH AND ACCOMPANYING APP
- Instant and Accurate
- Designed to work in the same drill-hole made for the F2170 test.
- Eliminate confusion between in-situ Relative Humidity tests and surface Moisture Content tests.
- Determine if moisture is coming from below or above the concrete slab surface.
- Determine the type and extent of mitigation if needed.
- Reusable, Extendable, and requires no plastic hole liners.
A complete moisture kit used for solid surfaces such as concrete floors and slabs with a uniﬁed gravimetric-based testing method. A moisture meter meant for non-destructive evaluation of moist content of concrete and comparative testing per ASTM F2659. The Determinator Probe that comes with this kit can measure concrete surfaces as deep as 4″ (100mm), Diameter 3/4” (19mm), and also comes with reusable plug-in Hygro-i2 ® RH robes for in-situ testing of concrete. Lastly, from having high quality and heavy duty materials, the Concrete Determinator Inspector Kit can also be used with Tramex Meters App which lets you save and share the results for your reports.
- Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 – CMEX5.
- Free App available for Android and iOS (phone not included).
- Concrete Moisture Determinator Probe.
- Hygro-i2 ® Reusable Relative Humidity probe.
- Calibration Check Plate.
- Infrared Thermometer.
- Hole liners.
- Extension Handle.
The Concrete Moisture Probe when used with Tramex CMEX5 instruments operates on the principle that the electrical impedance of a material varies with its moisture content. The CMEX5 instrument is pressed onto the CMP cradle which is pressed onto the material surface with the pins fully compressed and the probe inserted into the pre-drilled 19mm (3/4″) hole to measure the moisture content. The electrical impedance is measured by creating a low frequency alternating electric field between the electrodes and the probe, to a depth of up to 10cm (4”). This field penetrates the material under test. The very small alternating current flowing through the field is inversely proportional to the impedance of the material. The instrument detects this current, determines its amplitude and thus derives the moisture value.
The Determinator cradle should be flat on the slab surface and the Tramex Concrete Moisture Meter placed and firmly pressed onto the cradle with the pins fully compressed. The probe reads from the bottom, within the body of the slab, up to the surface.